Sunday, February 14, 2010

Prompt the 2nd: "Valentine's Day Love Story"

(Just kidding)

Okay, since I've been trying to steer myself into writing on the longer work I've been hacking away at, my prompt uses the instruction "select a character from a piece you've been working on," but I would like to note that this could also be a character from a piece you want to revise, a character from a long-since finished piece, a character from a piece you've been planning to write, or perhaps your favorite celebrity. Any of those would be excellent choices as well...

The Prompt: Select a character from a piece you've been working on, and determine the abstract concept most important to this character (for instance: love, loyalty, revenge, kindness, cleverness, etc). Then, write a scene in which this character is thinking about this abstract concept, but without ever actually using that specific word (love, loyalty, revenge, kindness, cleverness, etc). In addition to thinking about this concept, your character should either be:

a) on a guided tour,
b) operating construction equipment for the first time, or
c) on a shopping spree with someone they do not like.

Whala!

3 comments:

cc said...

youuuuuuuuuuu!

bezdomnik said...

too much?

It was either this or a math formula. :)

I actually decided that this will be simpler than it seems... it's a spin off an assignment I did in a class, which seemed weird at the time but was quite productive. And oddly enough, I was actually thinking about your reality-show character on a shopping spree when I wrote it.

cc said...

Not too much, really. Just involved. I may very well use Stephanie for the prompt...though I have somebody else in the wings these days.