Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shazzzzam!

I'm posting mcrotty's prompt (at the very bottom of this post) because I happen to have received an early edition of it, and I'm not sure she's remembered it's her day. And if she does remember, and sees this, then she can repost it, and whala!

Also, it sounds like Jess, akr, cc, Andrew, Kelly and I are still in for the next round of prompterlyness, although I don't know about mcrotty, so I'll just shake the dice again and post the order for the next six weeks. Btw, I've been meaning to post my responses, which are very well written in my head, but I've been razzle-dazzled by the flu and end of the winter quarter. Next week is my spring break, and I promise to catch up, and belatedly post responses to last two prompts as well as mcrotty's. And you will all be so very impressed.

So, new dice roll:

March 28 = me [bez]
April 4 = jess
April 11 = akr
April 18 = kelly
April 25 = andrew
May 2 = cc

So, mcrotty's prompt:

Write a story (or poem) in which something impossible happens. The only catch is that the writing must stay within the bounds of art. No zombies, no dragons, no flesh-eating demons. The more everyday-human-but-bizarre, the better. I am thinking less Aimee Bender and more along the lines of: A.M. Homes' "A Real Doll" (Warning. . . NOT PG) or R.O. Butler's over-anthologized "Jealous Husband Returns in Form of Parrot."

[oh, you know my response is going to have zombies, dragons, and flesh-eating demons! -bez]

No comments: